The “Safe Motherhood Series” is a collection of PhD books from members of the ISM&RH, since 1995 started by Dr Jos van Roosmalen.
A PhD is part of this collection if it meets, the recently defined, following criteria:
- The PhD topic meets the objectives of the ISM&RH and is about Safe Motherhood and Reproductive Health, mainly researched in low middle income settings.
- The Phd contains a page that refers to the Safe Motherhood series.
- The term “safe Motherhood Series” is named on the cover
- The minimum of one member of the ISM&RH is involved in the project as promotor or co-writer (co promotor)
- The Phd book will be published on this website
- The PhD candidate will present the PhD outcomes at one of the ISM&RH meetings (regular 2 months meeting, symposium or congres)
If the PhD meets the above citeria, the PhD candidate can apply for financial support of 500 Euro for printcosts of their PhD book or other costs involved in the PhD.