- Every day in 2017, approximately 810 women died from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Between 2000 and 2017, the maternal mortality ratio (MMR, number of maternal deaths per 100,000 live births) dropped by about 38% worldwide.
- 94% of all maternal deaths occur in low and lower middle-income countries.
- Young adolescents (ages 10-14) face a higher risk of complications and death as a result of pregnancy than other women.
- Skilled care before, during and after childbirth can save the lives of women and newborns.
Neem contact op met het secretariaat: firstname.lastname@example.org